Workshops & Talks
I am an experienced public speaker and have given many workshops and talks on photography. I am available for both classroom and field settings. If interested, please contact me to discuss details and schedule. Content can be tailored for your specific audience.
Upcoming events include:
- Milky Way and Landscape Astrophotography at the San Diego Fair (6/16/19) from 1-2pm. I'll present the basics of how to plan, shoot, and post-process Milky Way landscapes. I'll also briefly cover some advanced topics for improving the technical quality of your images such as low level lighting, stacking, tracking, and panorama stitching. Slides are available on the class webpage.
- Landscape Photography: Roadmap & Post-Processing with Amethel Parel-Sewell at the San Diego Fair (6/23/19) from 4-6:30pm. In this special double session, we will present a roadmap for taking your photography to the next level and will cover topics such as understanding the elements of a good photograph, developing a unique vision, planning your shot, and post-processing to meet your technical goals and creative vision.
Past events include:
- Landscape Photography: Planning to Post-Processing, San Diego Fair (7/1/18).
- Landscape Photography, talk at the San Diego Photo Club (6/21/18).
- Tips for Photographers, panel at the San Diego Fair (6/20/18).
- Landscape Photography and Post-Processing Techniques, Light Chasers workshop (2/3/18 - 2/11/18). A three part workshop with classroom instruction on Lightroom and Photoshop, field day of shooting, and a follow-on post-processing session where attendees work on their images.
What Attendees Are Saying
"Excellent class. You did a great job clearly explaining all aspects of astrophotography. This class has been one of the best photo classes I've ever taken. Thank you!" — Patti B.
"Really great. Nicely organized & presented. A lot of complicated info given in a very easy way to understand. Thank you!" — Danny P.
"Great class, well organized, clear & concise! Very well done! Thank you" — Tanya S.
"I am new to photography but you have inspired me!" — Tracey S.
"Nicely done, Stephen! Thank you. You really covered a good range of topics, and you blended methods well from examples, practical tips, apps & software, and equipment" — Cheri P.
"Fantastic amount of information clearly given in a short amount of time -- would love a longer workshop" — Judy D.
"Very informative. The concepts & processes were clearly explained" — Dawn A.